Textile Engineering (FTE)
The Faculty of Textile Engineering (FTE) at BUFT is one of the largest study locations for fresh knitwear and textile engineers and technologists in Bangladesh. The FTE offers outstanding environments and a wide range of modern Graduate and Undergraduate programs leading to respective degrees: Master of Science and Bachelor of Science. Courses are taught in English.
The FTE owns 1 professor, 1 associate professor, 11 assistant professors, some 27 lecturers and more than 11 staff who utilize their extensive know-how in a wide range of subject areas at students’ service to give them the best education and training, both in research and development. The comprehensive range of studies offered by the FTE makes the graduates extraordinarily flexible and so unwraps countless diverse and fascinating opportunities for working in Bangladesh and abroad.
The cooperation agreements with several universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, China, Korea and India bear witness to the high standing that the BUFT possesses.
The FTE of BUFT looks forward to welcoming you!
Study Advice Service
No idea how to follow-up on course work? Always late preparing for the exams?
Study Advice Service!
The FTE has designated faculty members for each of the degree programs offered who are always there to help you to become familiar with ways of studying and to support your learning process.
Please contact them - sooner rather than later.
Services such as personal counseling regarding your studies they provide include:
- Planning of your study course
- Learning strategies and exam preparation
- Academic writing
- Time management
- Coordination of tutorials and revision courses
Departments under FTE
- Interested in gaining an excellent training in the field of knitwear manufacturing & technology, textile materials engineering, textile engineering, textile engineering & management, textile machine design & maintenance?
- Looking for excellent career opportunities after graduating from your studies?
- Eager to find an international university with a creative flair?
If so, then we, the Faculty of Textile Engineering at BUFT, are the people to contact with!
Become part of an academic community of some 2000 students at our faculty alone. All the degree programs offered by the FTE are taught English. BUFT has cooperation agreements and collaborative relations with numerous partner universities around the globe and companies at home to help you to prepare for positions in our globalized industry.
Besides the lectures, seminar courses, internships and projects you will attend, our excellently equipped labs also give you plenty of opportunities to work on our state-of-the-art machines and equipment for hands-on experience, and, of course, the chance to conduct research.
Our faculty and the textile and clothing industry cooperate very successfully in the field of research, development and technology transfer.
Find the information you need:
- here on our websites
- at our student advice appointments
- by visiting us
- by taking part in our seminars or symposium
- or simply by having the information material sent to you directly.
Departments under the umbrella of FTE:
Programs of Study
At BUFT, we view faculties and departments as a time for students to explore, exercise curiosity, and discover new interests and abilities.
We provide students with an immersive, collaborative, and inspiring environment where they can develop a broadly informed, highly disciplined intellect that will help them be successful in whatever work they finally choose.
Our students graduate with the values and knowledge they need to pursue meaningful work, find passion in life-long earning, and lead successful and purposeful lives.
Programs offered by the FTE:
- Bachelor of Science in Knitwear Manufacturing & Technology (B.Sc. in KMT)
- Bachelor of Science in Textile Engineering (B.Sc. in TE)
- Bachelor of Science in Textile Engineering & Management (B.Sc. in TEM)
- Bachelor of Science in Textile Materials Engineering (B.Sc. in TME) - Proposed
- Bachelor of Science in Textile Machine Design & Maintenance (B.Sc. in TMDM) - Proposed