Engineering Studies (FES)
Engineers possess a rare combination – a seamless blend of the practical and the creative.
The Faculty of Engineering Studies is a home to faculty members from the areas of Industrial engineering, computer science & engineering, electrical & electronics engineering and mechanical engineering. The faculty consists of 21 full-time faculty members- 1 professor, 6 assistant professors, 12 lecturers, and 2 staffs.
Through experiences that occur in and out of the classroom, the faculty strives to provide educational and research experiences that are rich with opportunities and challenges and that foster an understanding of the scientific method of learning.
The faculty currently offeres one undergraduate degree through its industrial engineering department. In addition, the faculty has an enginnering department that houses faculties/teachers from the fields of computer science & engineering, electrical & electronics engineering and mechanical engineering. The engineering department prepares students for graduate study in the fields of textile engineering, textile engineering & management, knitwear manufacturing & technology and apparel manufacturing & technology by providing them a space to grow in scientific and engineering literacy and understanding of the engineering world as part of their education.
Courses offered by the departments help students to analyze scientific information critically and to understand the engineering world in a scientific fashion. Courses offered also help students to understand various advanced scientific and engineering theories taught in both graduate and undergraduate programs offered by different departments under different faculties at BGMEA University of Fashion & Technology.
The FES of BUFT looks forward to welcoming you!
Study Advice Service
No idea how to follow-up on course work? Always late preparing for the exams?
Study Advice Service!
The FES has designated faculty members for each of the degree programs offered who are always there to help you to become familiar with ways of studying and to support your learning process.
Please contact them - sooner rather than later.
Services such as personal counseling regarding your studies they provide include:
- Planning of your study course
- Learning strategies and exam preparation
- Academic writing
- Time management
- Coordination of tutorials and revision courses
Departments under FES
- Interested in gaining an excellent training in the field of industrial engineering?
- Looking for excellent career opportunities after graduating from your studies?
- Eager to find an international university with a creative flair?
If so, then we, the Faculty of Engineering Studies (FES) at BUFT, are the people to contact with!
All the degree programs offered by the FES are taught English. BUFT has cooperation agreements and collaborative relations with numerous partner universities around the globe and companies at home to help you to prepare for positions in our globalized industry.
Besides the lectures, seminar courses, internships and projects you will attend, our excellently equipped labs also give you plenty of opportunities to work on our state-of-the-art machines and equipment for hands-on experience, and, of course, the chance to conduct research.
Our faculty and the textile and clothing industry cooperate very successfully in the field of research, development and technology transfer.
Find the information you need:
- here on our websites
- at our student advice appointments
- by visiting us
- by taking part in our seminars or symposium
- or simply by having the information material sent to you directly.
Departments under the umbrella of FES:
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Disaster Management Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Information & Telecommunication Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Occupational Safety & Health Engineering
Programs of Study
At BUFT, we view faculties and departments as a time for students to explore, exercise curiosity, and discover new interests and abilities.
We provide students with an immersive, collaborative, and inspiring environment where they can develop a broadly informed, highly disciplined intellect that will help them be successful in whatever work they finally choose.
Our students graduate with the values and knowledge they need to pursue meaningful work, find passion in life-long earning, and lead successful and purposeful lives.
Programs to be offered by the FES:
- BSc in Industrial Engineering
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- BSc in Computer Science & Engineering
- BSc in Disaster Management Engineering
- BSc in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- BSc in Information & Telecommunication Engineering
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Occupational Safety & Health Engineering