MOU between BIFT and NIFT
The agreement was signed between Ms. Monika Garg, Director General, NIFT and Mr. Muzaffar U. Siddique President, Governing Body – BIFT on behalf of their respective institutions. President, BGMEA and members of the Governing Body, BIFT were present on the occasion.
This MoU agreement wish to develop the mutual interest between two institutions. This academic co-operation includes exchange of students, training activities, research activities within the area of Design, Management and Technology of the two partner institutes.
The objective of this agreement is to encourage international cooperation, and strengthening two institutes in the following areas:
- NIFT will provide a semester study for BIFT students while BIFT will facilitate NIFT students to carry out Internship and Graduation Project/ Research Project in Apparel Industry at Bangladesh.
- Exposure to workshops, exhibitions and conducting special lectures, Joint industrial projects and joint research activities.BIFT faculty / faculty groups may go to NIFT for training or NIFT may send experienced faculty members to BIFT to train the faculties of BIFT.
- NIFT will offer a semester input to BIFT Students at NIFT India and BIFT will facilitate NIFT students to carry out Internship, Graduation Project and Placement in Apparel Industry in Bangladesh.
- Special arrangements for groups of students from one institute to another for the purpose of short-term visit (workshops, exhibitions, industries exposure) may be negotiated in a separate agreement.
Main features of Industrial Projects / Research work
- Faculties and the staff at both the institutes can take joint industrial projects on mutual consent with the prior written approval of the respective institutes.
- Both the institutes have equal rights on the joint projects.
- Prior to the starting of the joint project all the conditions will be worked out.
- In the joint industrial projects / research work, liability will remain with the institute, individual will not be liable for the project.
- Detailed modalities will be worked out at the time of taking up joint projects.